Saturday, January 5, 2013

New Year, blog resolutions.

Many years ago, I went to the Getty Museum in L.A. and bought this beautiful hardcover notebook. I've always had a thing for all things stationary. So I remembered when I was younger and kept a diary, and how much fun that was, so I thought maybe I could use that beautiful notebook as my grown-up diary, or journal.



You should also know I am very much into rituals - there are things that I just couldn't care less, but there are things, little things, that I am extremely and anally methodical about. So I waited for New Year's to start everything fresh.

I opened the notebook on December 31st, and as a rule - don't ask me why -, I never write on the very first page. So on the second page, I wrote 12 New Year's resolutions, which I think was for year 2007 or 2008.  The common same old story blabber "make more money, lose weight, travel, blablabla" and the very last item was:
- Frequently write on this journal.

As I was organizing some boxes for my moving (yes, I'm moving next week!), I found this notebook. Brought a smile to my face and very fond memories... I opened it, read my resolutions, and realized that was all that was written in it.

Every single year I make this "resolution" of salvaging my blog and somewhere along the year I always end up losing it. I was doing good last year, even won a trip to London as a blogger. But after that if was all chaos and I barely had time to sleep, let alone blog. So once again, my baby was set aside.
As tradition says, this year yet again, I will promise to keep it up, and hope I won't fail yet again, despite the negative history I have with blogs.

Truth be told, most of the time I feel like my life is not interesting enough to be shared,  but my friend and I decided to, let's say, commit to having a personal blog, and maybe try to get out of our comfort zone more often to shake things up a little bit and, who knows, we might have stories to tell. 

Worst case scenario, you will just be stuck with boring, sad, sob stories that will make you feel good about yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment